[ROVERNET - UK] 1971 P6B NADA Speedo.

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 16 02:21:54 BST 2006

Grease the cable carefully. Take care not to have too much grease up at the
top of the Cable. It may spin up into the speedo itself. Greasing works well
on my Rover 2000 auto. My TC has the cable disconnected from the speedo
currently, I have to hook it up and find out if the speedo is siezed or not!
Also the right angle drive can cause the speedo to do strange things shortly
before the gears break, similar to what you described. You can get these
right angled drives repaired, in Adelaide, Australia, by Adelaide Speedo and
gauge sevice. They can make speedo cables from a sample. They are very
inexpensive and have a great reputation. Their number is 011 1 618 8326
3866. If anyone knows anybody in the US who does this sort of work then
could they post please. I had a speedo cable made, my gauges checked, and
the speedo repaired, all for about $(AUD)25 dollars a few years ago. The
speedo had a bit of broken cable stub in the hole where the cable goes in.
You could fit a new cable, it would work, but not for long.

James.