[ROVERNET - UK] UPDATE: Rover Saloons at MGs on the Rocks near Baltimore 9/30

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Wed Sep 13 02:55:05 BST 2006

Here's an update on Rover saloons attending the 27th Annual "MGs on the
Rocks" as of Tuesday September 12, 2006.  This show is organized and
hosted by MGs of BALTIMORE Ltd. and will take place on Saturday,
September 30th, 2006.  Rain or Shine.

The organizers say they will have updated info for me regarding Rovers
registered for the show in a day or so. Jim Cumberland is registered but
has informed us that he will probably not be able to attend. If the rest
of the people listed below could update me on their plans to attend, I
would appreciate it.  Glen Wilson at  rovercar at comcast.net

If you are not on this list and think you might be able to attend,
please let me know. Everyone is welcome.

If you know of any other Rover people who can attend, with or without
cars, please extend an invitation to them on our behalf.

Basic info on show is at this location:
http://www.mgsofbaltimore.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=26

I'll be sending out additional emails to Rover people who have expressed
an interest in attending the show. Speak up now, if you want to be
included in those mailings.

There's full info on the show with links down at the bottom of this posting.

Glen Wilson
Rover Saloon Touring Club of America (RSTCA)
http://beerinc.com/rstca/

These are the cars I expect to see at the MGs on the Rocks show north of
Baltimore on 9/30/06. Other people are attending without cars. I'm going
to make another push to get some more people in as soon as I get some
feedback from the organizers.

Timothy DeLisle & Son (two cars)
1980 Rover SD1
1980 Rover SD1

Glen Wilson, Wallingford, PA   Status:registered
1967 P6 2000TC April Yellow

Tony LaVigna, Beltsville, Maryland   Status:registered
1964 P5 3-litre Saloon (Tan & Brown two-tone)
1970 P6 Federal 3500S (White)

Jose Scoseria, Potomac, MD   Status:registered
1960 P4 Rover 80  grey over blue
1968 P6 2000TC  burnt grey

G. Warren Smith,Slippery Rock, PA   Status:registered
1970 P6 Federal 3500S (Brigade Red)

Steven Dibdin, Bloomfield, NJ   Status:registered
1968 P6 2000TC (Arden Green)

Jim Cumberland, Columbia, SC
Sadly, Jim cannot attend            Status:registered
1971 P6 2000TC Mk II Federal LHD (Blue and only 222 made)

Louie Cross, Roanoke, VA   Status:registered
1970 P6 Federal 3500S

David Sheuring, Lillington, NC
1970 Federal 3500S modified. (Primrose Red)

Jere Conner, Philadelphia area, PA    Status:registered
1974 French-market 2200 TC LHD Series II (Arctic White w/black leather )

Steve Norton, Baltimore area, MD      Status:registered
1988 Colorado Silver metallic Range Rover SWB named "Sheliah"

George Phelps, Baltimore area, MD
Jensen Healey (restoring 1970 3500S)

Ben Saunders, Columbia, VA
1960 P4 Rover 100

Mike Engard, Perkasie, PA
1970 P6 Federal 3500S (Blue)

Michael Lewis, Gambrills, MD
1980 SD1 Rover 3500 (Turmeric Yellow)

More show information follows:

General Map:  http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Bel+Air,+MD

Rocks State Park Website:
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/central/rocks.html

MGs on the Rocks Show:
http://www.mgsofbaltimore.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=2

Registration Form and Flier:
http://www.mgsofbaltimore.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=47

Rocks State Park
3318 Rocks Chrome Hill Road
Jarrettsville, MD 21084
(410)557-7994

MGs of BALTIMORE Ltd. PRESENTS The 27th ANNUAL

MGs ON THE ROCKS CAR SHOW & PARTS MARKET

Saturday September 30th, 2006 Rain or Shine
Rocks State Park, 4 H Camp, Harford County, Maryland Rocks
There's only one place for a British sportscar owner on September 30th
and that's at the Annual MGs On The Rocks Car Show. This low pressure,
popular vote event gives you the opportunity to show off your car while
trading stories and gathering those parts that you're sure you'll need
some day.
The site in Rocks State Park is a beautiful country setting so bring a
picnic basket and join the fun. Entertainment and music provided all day
long. Rocks is a family event, bring the whole gang (please - no pets).
Food (Pit Beef!) and refreshments will be available for purchase.
Rocks also has one of the largest British "For Sale" areas you'll find.

Awards

 * Three Awards per Car Class (or as determined by pre-registration)
 * Dash Plaque awarded to first 200 entries (yes there are more than 200
cars.
 * Popular Vote Judging By Adult Participants 12 -2 PM
 * Awards Presented at 3 PM

Registration Fees

 * $15.00 Per Car Registered Before 9/1
 * $20.00 Per Car After 9/1
 * $20.00 Registration Fee for "Cars For Sale"
 * $2.00 spectator Fee, Children 12 and under free

Location

Rocks State Park is located off Exit 77 of route 95 13 miles north on
route 24 West. Signs will be posted on Route 24.

Lodging Available at I-95 Exit 77

Lodging

 * Days Inn 410-679-9555
 * Comfort Inn 410-679-0770
 * Best Western 410-679-9700

Rocks Officials

 * Tracy Trobridge , Registrar 410-442-2716
 * Richard Liddick, President 410-817-6862
 * Mike Lutz, Chairman 410-592-8610