[ROVERNET - UK] 4.6 SD1

Robert Thornton R.Thornton at adelaidecitycouncil.com
Thu Oct 26 00:32:27 BST 2006

Kent wrote:
>Most Range Rovers from '89 to '95 and early Discos.  The 14CUX can be
configured to run with >or without Lambda Sensors.  Various Eproms were
used in different vehicles and years.  You >>need to have the Eprom
configured for your particular application,  ie. engine size,
>>>compression, camshaft, vehicle weight, etc

Personally, on an SD1 I'd junk the lot and fit a good ol' 4 barrel
Edelbrock, although I've got the Hotwire system on my Disco and it has
run very reliably for the past 10 years and I use it everyday. The only
part I've had to replace on the efi has been the throttle pot sensor.

Mark Adams in the UK is the acknowledged expert in chipping the 14CUX.
Other firms like RPI can also provide their own specific chips for these
ECUs but you really need to beware of generic, one size fits all
applications.  Another alternaive, apart from replacing the whole system
with an expensive aftermarket type (Haltec, Motec, Wolf, etc)is to fit
the South African Dastec developed Unichip programmable module in series
with the existing ECU. This simply plugs into the standard loom next to
the 14CUX box, piggy back style, and allows the fuelling inputs to be
adjusted on a dyno to the precise requirements of your engine.

See http://www.armadale4wd.com.au/products/unichip.htm

Rob