[ROVERNET - UK] more servo woes

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Mon Oct 23 00:44:25 BST 2006

Peter,

Did you test the big vacuum piston to see that it moves freely in the
cylinder?  You should be able to push the piston in against the big
spring and the spring force should be enough to return the piston when
you release the pressure on it.

The assembly of the valves on the side of the aluminum casting must be
right too -- when you release the brake pedal, the control piston in the
smaller cylinder should return, causing the valve to close off
atmospheric pressure and apply equal vacuum to both sides of the big
piston allowing the big spring to return it.

I can't think what the O-rings would be for...

--Steve