[ROVERNET - UK] Prejudice on the Rovernet..again (possible diatribe enclosed)

Nathan Obuch nathanobuch at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 23:20:50 BST 2006

    Well put, Glen. I, for one, share your sense of
embarrassment at our country's military actions
abroad. Political neutrality is undoubtedly the
easiest path to polite exchanges on the Rovernet, but
when >100,000 lives have been spent with arguably no
benefit to anyone, an occasional off topic aside
doesn't seem too out of line to me.
    Bringing the topic back to Rovers, but with a
slightly political tie-in-- I've always wondered what
the demographic of Rover buyers in the USA was. In the
UK, where a Rover would have been a mainstream choice
of motorcar the demographics seem straightforward (if
split pre and post P6)-- but a Rover was definitely an
"off the beaten path" choice for an American
purchaser. What sort of person bought them when new?

Nathan