[ROVERNET - UK] Power Bulges

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Thu Oct 19 02:31:14 BST 2006

Hi John,
What Mike is making reference to are the bulges on the
Series 2 bonnet and not the scoops we got on the NAS
3500S.  Mike is in Australia and they didn't get cars with
the three bonnet scoops....although I have sent several
sets of scoops in that general direction.  The Series 2
bulges may serve as reenforcement to a certain extent, but
they really are stupid and useless, unlike the scoops
which are essential in all but the coldest climates.
 Series 2 bulges are found on both fours and V8's.  We
only got 222 Series 2 P6's in North America and they are
the rarest production P6.  They are all '71 models and
most seem to have disappeared.  Hank Manwell has one and I
am sure there are others.  I had one but it was very
incomplete when I found it having been stripped of its
bonnet and doors and left to rot.  There are at least two
2200TC's in North America now and they are, of course,
Series 2's, but I know of no genuine Series 2 V8's.  Time
to confess if you have one.  Surely there are no informers
for DOT, EPA or Customs on RoverNet.

Roverly,
Kent K.