[ROVERNET - UK] Thanks to the Brain Trust

Ben Rodgers irishrover at netscape.ca
Wed Oct 11 17:38:45 BST 2006

Hi Guys
            Well the P5 saga is over (touch wood) after much frustration,
language and threats, the car is running. I guess it wasn't all bad,  I did
do things that should have been done long ago. For example the gas tank was
cleaned and sealed, new wires and plugs installed. While the tank was out I
repainted the trunk (boot) even removed the spare wheel carrier and
repainted the whole rear unside . However none of this work was required in
terms of getting the car to run properly.
What the problem finally came down to was the jet needle, somehow it moved
down slightly from the piston. Its a mystery because the grub screw wasn't
loose, how it moved is anyones guess. Perhaps a small piece of dirt may have
jammed the needle long enough to tug it slightly??? Anyway many thanks to
all who offered help, it was much appreciated, rovernet remains a wonderful
resource! I'm  however, still planning on selling.
                                                      Regards  Ben

FREDERICK  (BEN) RODGERS
born in Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Author of "lily and me" a great book and a great read .
Order on line at amazon.com. Book # ISBN1-55430-019-3