[ROVERNET - UK] P4 hot rod on Ebay, and a wheel-challenged P5

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 21:26:15 BST 2006

Agreed - this is a pretty cool car and seems very well done overall, but
the wheels just don't look right.  I think it would be dramatically
improved with old-school steel wheels and pie-plate hubcaps, or even big
modern "dubs" that approximate the outer diameter of the original wheels.
People seem more willing to part with big bucks for hot rods these days,
and I think his price is a bit high but not excessively so.

Here's another beautiful car, pricey but looks super-nice except for those
horrific wheel covers.  What's UP with that, anyway?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/215328815.html

> Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:31:21 -0500
> From: "Kent Kinard" <kkinard at wcc.net>
>
> This car has been on offer before and didn't sell.  Nice
> work, but I hate those roller skate wheels.  Why does he
> let his kids play with razor blades?  I notice Dirk has
> sent him a note.
>
> Kent K.
>
> On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 03:20:19 -0400
>   Glen Wilson <rovercar at comcast.net> wrote:
> > P4 street rod with V8 and power seats...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1952-ROVER-STREET-ROD-TITLED-AS-1948-FRAME-OFF-CUSTOM_W0QQitemZ250034460347QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6472QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA