[ROVERNET - UK] Rover Spouses

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Mon Oct 2 06:25:05 BST 2006

roland wrote:
> Glen, Slats, my problem may be the fuel itself turning
> into sticky varnish. So even the factory needle and
> seat would have gotten stuck. A little rap on the
> float chamber freed it right up. I'm betting a good
> bit of driving and some fresh fuel would fix it right
> up. Had to push the car off the ramps today, no
> clutch/master cylinder. Now that the kids went back to
> college, I sure could have used their muscle! It was
> just the wife and I pushing to get it back into the
> garage. We are due for some rain this week and the
> rubbers still need to be replaced or I'd have a pond
> on the new carpets.
>
>       roland
> DL650
>   Rover P5

I can't tell you how many cars my spouse has shoved around or how many
transmissions she has juggled with me. What a blessing she has been!!!
Now, if I could only teach her to point a flashlight at the right spot
(or favorite point of contention)!!! I've noticed lately that she sounds
like she's been having tea with Ruth Burgess, or something. She's picked
up a lot of Rover info over the years and may have a better memory than
I do, at this point.

My gross jet simply stuck in a 1966 Midget that was used regularly and
had nice fresh gas in it. It might just have been defective in some way,
but it's a cunningly simple device. Who knows?

Glen