[ROVERNET - UK] Re: P4 on EBay/ Happy Turkey day

Paul Smith Paul.Smith at auroraenergy.com.au
Thu Nov 23 22:58:49 GMT 2006

Agree, it does not look original.

PVS
ex P4 owner

-----Original Message-----
From: rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com
[mailto:rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com]On Behalf Of Geoff Kirkpatrick
Sent: Friday, 24 November 2006 9:53 am
To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] Re: P4 on EBay/ Happy Turkey day

The photo of the brown seat, which is what they look like under the red
covers, looks like a seventies' vinyl reupholstery job to me.  The fact
that the seats are no longer leather and cloth is a negative in my book,
and impacts the value.  It looks like a pretty nice car overall and I
think the current price of $3850 is pretty much what it's worth.  If it
had leather I think $5K or so would be realistic.  This might be a case
where buying a rusty UK car, with no hope of an MOT but a good interior,
and importing it for parts would be a worthwhile endeavour.  I'm finding
that it's actually cheaper to ship a complete car across the ocean than to
crate up the parts and ship them.

There was a beautiful black 1956 P4 90 on Craigslist in Washington a month
or so back, with an asking price of $3500 as I recall.  Does anyone know
what happened to that car?  It seemed like a really good deal.

Geoff

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA

To unsubscribe, go to this web page, look near the bottom and follow instructions:
Back-up list and photos at: