[ROVERNET - UK] SD 1 5SP Fluid

Winchester, Miles Miles.Winchester at ArvinMeritor.com
Wed May 31 01:20:57 BST 2006

I have converted my SD1 gearbox to ATF and there is improvements with cold
gear changes but I suggest also changing the rear output seal as this is
prone to leak with the ATF fluid.

Regards,

Miles

-----Original Message-----
From: rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com
[mailto:rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com] On Behalf Of Steven Dibdin
Sent: Wednesday, 31 May 2006 10:15
To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
Subject: RE: [ROVERNET - UK] SD 1 5SP Fluid

I used to use ATF in my TR7's gearbox, that was the spec' in the owner's
manual. I believe they used the same box (77mm ?). I think the earlier
models used a conventional gearbox oil (I can't remember now) from what I
remember the ATF did improve the rather notchy quality of the change, but
you had to drain and flush before switching from one to the other.

Regards,

StevenD

>From: "Nick and Laurie Hand" <flynp170 at cablelynx.com>
>To: "ROVER POSTING" <rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com>
>Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] SD 1 5SP  Fluid Date: Wed, 31 May 2006
>18:55:08
>-0500
>
>Anyone have a recommendation on fluid to use in SD 1 5speed? I solved
>starting problems, rebuilt starter relay [ had a broke wire] Thanks
>Nick

Back-up list and photos at: