[ROVERNET - UK] Levers and tappets and brakes, Oh My.

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 19:48:30 BST 2006

George,
I hate to tell you, but ............. (no way).

Why don't you take them back to Apple Hydraulics armed
with a photocopy of the pertinent drawings and explain
nicely that they XXXXXd up and would they please
assemble them correctly.

If you don't have the drawings, I can put them on our
website for you.

Eric

--- George Phelps <p6_rover at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well I happily reassembled the brake system and bled
> them and patted myself on the back, but -
>
> As I was all set to reattach the hand brake
> mechanism,
> I discovered, after much head scratching, that the
> rebuilders (Apple Hydraulics) put the levers back in
> the wrong calipers.  That is to say the little
> spring
> loaded levers for the handbrake.  Now I could pull
> them out and switch them, but the manual has all
> these
> dire warnings about the tappet falling down into the
> wrong position if you pull out the lever.
>
> If you are with me so far, it looks as if, with the
> calipers in place, the tappets are horizontal and
> with
> luck I could switch the levers and hopefully not
> dislodge the tappets.  Does anyone know if this is
> possible, or even what I am talking about?  With all
> my brake problems, if I have to remove the calipers
> think I'll just get it running and drive it in the
> garage, close the door and take a nap.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> George

Webmaster & Magazine Editor: