[ROVERNET - UK] Help! Intervention needed! OT

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Thu May 25 00:51:46 BST 2006

Wow!  What a thread.  You got lots of replies on that one
Glen.  Of course, I have to put my two cents worth in on
this one.  I have had two TR7's (one was a Spyder) and
four TR8's including the current one that is a reshell
(TR7) of my previous car that was totaled.  Comparred to
the MGBV8 swap, the TR7/8 is a piece of cake.  The cars
are easy to work on with the V8 in place and a blast to
drive (though a little light in the tail).  The TR7 is
indeed happier with SU's and I did change the Spyder over
to SU's.

Anyone who needs carb cores, talk to me.  I think I have
at least one set of each for Rovers-HD8, HS8, HIF6 (for
V8), HS6 w. AED for P6B, HS6 w. manual enrichment for P6B,
HS6 with AED for P5B, HS6 w. manual enrichment for P5B,
and HIF6 for 2200TC. and at least one set of Zenith
Strombergs but I think they were from a Rangie.  I don't
necessarily want to dispose of any of these, but we can
talk.  Besides the intakes for all of these, I have stock
Buick 2V and 4V intakes and two early Offenhauser 4V
intakes, lots of '64 300 Buick intakes, an Edelbrock, and
a John Harcourt high rise....and a P76 2V.  I'm looking
for a Ross Calgher high rise 4V (P76) to fit to a Buick
340 experiment.
Anybody want to trade?

I have two spare Range Rover rolling chassis and would
like to stretch one to fit a '56 Studebaker pickup I have
spotted.  I have 22 cars but most are junk.  I am a
confessed adict, but have had the experience of walking
away from it all.  I could do it again and eventually will
have to, my older son is urging me to begin to divest.  Do
you think he has a point?

Roversooveradictedly,
Kent K.