[ROVERNET - UK] So why is it so hard to find a Rover in the U S?

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Fri May 19 05:19:33 BST 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 21:09:00 -0400, you wrote:

>hit 25 years old. I wouldnt touch a Rover 800 (sterling) with a 10 ft barge
>pole (no offense to Sterling owners on the list).

Wash your mouth out with soap & water!! :-)

I have a 827 Vitesse, and it is a wonderful car to drive. The only
thing i would change would be to a five speed manual rather than auto.
On a good set of rubber it handles just like it was on rails. And a
fast enough car to hose off most of the local hoons. My other Rover is
a SE2 with 4lit V8 and manual, and i hardly want to drive it much
these days, prefer the 827. Believe it or not the auto box Vitesse is
faster than the V8.

Cheers,

Peter Huttemeier
Secretary & Webmaster