[ROVERNET - UK] So why is it so hard to find a Rover in the U S?

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Fri May 19 03:07:38 BST 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 21:09:00 -0400
  "Ali Al-Abbasi" <alialabbasi at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Steve
>
> I have my share of Rover's and my share of cars. Now
>that I have a P6 i think that if buy another Rover, it
>would be a P5B or a Vettesse once they hit 25 years old.
>I wouldnt touch a Rover 800 (sterling) with a 10 ft barge
>pole (no offense to Sterling owners on the list). A
>friend owned an 820E back home and it gave him
>nightmares.

I have a soft spot for the 827SLI.  Any Rover nut that
lives in Sterling City should have a Sterling.  Or if you
really like oddballs, there's the diesel (825SD?).  I've
only seen pictures.  One of the New Zealand dealers has a
75 V8 listed (NZ$77,000), but I won't live long enough for
it to become "antique."  As far as I know, Ron Jones is
still lurking around somewhere in San Antonio with his
glass roof P6B and Rovers West was trying to get their act
together a few months ago.  I think they still have the
very rusty P6 Estate.  Two years ago there was a very nice
Cyclops for sale in Kentucky and there's a RHD 80 that
keeps popping up in Tuscon.  There are definitely some
nice Rovers out there.

Roverwishfully,
Kent K.