[ROVERNET - UK] P6B oil pump troubles

Brooks restore at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon May 15 13:26:29 BST 2006

 I started my P6B and discovered that I had no oil pressure...removed the
oil filter and still no oil came out when I started the engine....I have
read that the oil pump will lose it's prime on occasion...perhaps that is
what has happened. I can't be brave enough to run the car and hope that the
pump picks up...so I need to remove the pump, check it and pack with
petreolum jelly (according to the book) Has anyone had similar problem and
how hard is this to do ?? I do have a spare pump if I need to change it .

 Any advice before I do tackle this would be great.

Regards
 Dennis