[ROVERNET - UK] SC auto to TC 4-spd- how involved?

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Sat May 13 02:12:05 BST 2006

Hi Nathan,
It's doable, but why not just sell the SC and buy a
TC?   There seem to be more TC's for sale than any
other Rover.  If you are contemplating all that work,
there must be some reason for doing that particular
car.

The entire exhaust system is different, as I recall,
and the transmission tunnel is larger on the automatic
(not really a problem when going auto to stick, but
definely a problem when going the other way.)  To do a
full TC conversion, you will also need the tach/clock
unit for the dash that mounts beside the strip speedo.

Where are you located?  Do you have a source for the
TC parts you need?  The whole idea is just the kind of
thing that piques my interest.

Roverly,
Kent K.