R: [ROVERNET - UK] hydrolastic suspension

Ruotolo Gianluca (DD) gianluca.ruotolo at enel.it
Wed Mar 29 18:43:41 BST 2006

I remember very well Austin 1100 e 1300.
They were good reliable cars, they came after Austin A 40 ( very rare in Italy).

They were produced in Italy under the name Innocenti jm3.
They are now very rare by us.
Have a look at this link:
http://www.inno-mini-world.com/Innocenti/story/storiainnocenti/8.htm
These cars had also a MG version ( badge ingeneering)with twin carburettor. In Rome, in Monteverde, there was a white one ( probably the only one).

Hydrolastic suspension were something new and quite strange.

A very similar car was produced by Autobianchi ( with some differences) under the name Primula. Primula was coupè and saloon, it was a good and fast car of the late sixties. A neibourgh of mine had a saloon in Udine in the seventies, it was a grey one, very good and reliable, very long lasting. He was the father of a close friend, herepainted it ( it was a ten years old car at that time) in 1975 ( more or less ). I remember it very well, it had a splendid engine.
Have a look at this other link:
http://www.autobianchi.org/eng/auto/prim_coupe.htm#