[ROVERNET - UK] WHY DO THEY DO THAT?

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 20:19:10 GMT 2006

John,
The sidelights are supposed to remain on.
<http://www.roverclub.ca/P6circuitdiag.html>

It may be that there is a wiring misconnection that
needs to be resolved.

The headlight switch gets a feed from terminal 4 on
the sidelight switch and enter the headlight switch at
terminal 1.  When the sidelight switch is thrown,
there is a feed on a red wire through contact 1 to the
sidelights.  At the same time, power is made available
to the headlight switch and then onwards to the
headlights if the headlight switch is engaged.

There is no "turning off" function when the headlights
are selected.

Eric

--- John Burkhard <burkhaj at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Nothing is broken this is just a question.  When I
> turn on the headlamps on
> my 1966 NADA 2000 TC, WHY do the front parkinglamps
> turn off?  I do know
> how
> it is done, I just want to know why.  Thanks for
> your help.
>
> John Burkhard
> Yucca Valley, California

Webmaster & Magazine Editor: