[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6 - rubber seal under valance at rear of bonnet

Paul Smith Paul.Smith at auroraenergy.com.au
Mon Mar 6 21:46:28 GMT 2006

Scotts has it, I bought one.

PVS

-----Original Message-----
From: rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com
[mailto:rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com]On Behalf Of Peter Mitchell
Sent: Tuesday, 7 March 2006 3:13 pm
To: Rovernet
Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6 - rubber seal under valance at rear of
bonnet

Hello netters

I am about to change my P6B's front windscreen.

Behind the bonnet (hood to some) there is a valance through which the wiper
spindles protrude.

Underneath this valance, and visible from above there is a rubber seal or
strip.

My problem is that this rubber is badly perished, and I will want to replace
it when I do the windscreen job.

I am wondering if subscribers could please let me know whether this rubber
seal is replaceable by a Rover part. I cannot identify the part on the
Scott's Old Auto Rubber site.

If the seal is not a unique Rover part, I would propose to replace it with
something of similar size and shape.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Peter Mitchell