Claire Re: [ROVERNET - UK] Update on an earlier problem

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 06:01:28 BST 2006

Alan Francis once told me that the spherical ball at the bottom of the
gearshift lever was packed at Solihull with a small hedgehog or a
similarly sized rodent to take up any play in the system and promote
smooth operation of the moving parts. When Chris Devlin lived in San
Diego, he preferred using a young prairie dog because they were much
easier to source in California than hedgehogs. Dave Walker says that a
suitably sized echidna works just fine Down Under.

In a pinch, a somewhat obese hamster with a twist of Mallard will
provide a temporary fix.

I hope this has been helpful.

Glen

Glen Wilson