[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Wheels on a 1971 NADA P6B

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Mon Jul 10 21:21:17 BST 2006

Geff, I , too, remember the previous discussion.  It was inconclusive as
I recall, with a couple of long-time users of the combination reporting
no problems.  One contributor had gone to the trouble of machining small
rings for each wheel/hub to allow the wheels to register on the hubs.
The first set of custom lug nuts I used did not fit the holes in the
wheels very closely and I used another set that did.  If the wheels are
to register only on the lug nuts, the nuts must be a close fit or an
out-of-round condition could exist after the wheels are mounted.  A bad
lug nut fit could produce other problems.  I do agree that it is
preferable to have the wheels register on the hubs themselves.

Roveroundedly,
Kent K.