[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Electric Windows

Glen Wilson glenwilson at cavtel.net
Thu Jul 6 03:36:09 BST 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 21:16, Ted Holman wrote:
> Outstanding cameras! I always wondered what a M3 would be worth these days.
> Must be hard to part with.

Ted,

I've learned a lot about Leica cameras in the past week. I'm guessing the M3
that I had listed was worth about $1,500 as it was. Possibly more. I have
seen several on eBay in the $3,000 range, but they don't often sell. Serial
numbers for the M3 started at 300,000 and went up to just over 1,100,000.
SN's above 1,000,000 are worth more (maybe $3k ballpark) than your typical
early camera, supposedly because they were assembled by the most experienced
assemblers and had the latest features. Slightly earlier cameras that are
essentially identical are worth somewhat less (maybe $1500). Cameras above
1,100,000 are premium cameras that might be worth ballpark $5k although they
are functionally identical. And then there were 143 cameras of the late type
that had black-painted bodies, and these are worth like $6k. Go figure...

Glen

--
~ Glen Wilson ~
http://stores.ebay.com/EasyAuctionServicesPA