[ROVERNET - UK] Carpet installation.

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 4 15:36:47 BST 2006

If using spray glue, use 3M 8090, Heavy duty trim adhesive, not 8080, which
is light duty.Use good ventilation.Keep shaking the can occasionally Save
the nozzle of the first spray can, and throw it in a can of lacquer thinner;
they can clog. spray it on both surfaces. I don't know if you got a jute set
with the carpets, but for 10 years, I have used half inch lead foam in all
my restorations. It is thicker than jute, so you must cut and fit; and tape
the seams. but it absolutely stops sound; creates an uncannily quiet car. It
has lead encapsulated, between layers of closed cell foam, and  silver mylar
on one side. It works equally well on heat. I sell it, Contact me offline,
or see it on the Austin Healey section of my eBay store, Old English Motor
Company.It is $60 for  one sheet,12 square feet. You would need 3-4 sheets;
an Austin Healey takes 3 sheets, including the back. It is designed for
large motor yachts, where the owner doesn't want to hear the diesel drumming
away two  feet from his head, through the bulkhead , as he sleeps.James
Dean--- Original Message -----