[ROVERNET - UK] ebay sale

Fritz Rauschenberg wfritz at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 1 14:12:24 BST 2006

I don't see the problem here. The car is at auction with no reserve, "as
is". The brakes, without question, will have to be totally overhauled
simply from the fact that the car has been sitting for 20+ years and will
be totally rusted(Seattle is humid). The seller doesn't have an interest in
evaluating, or doesn't know how to  evaluate the mechanical condition of
any of the cars systems so doesn't respond because he doesn't want to
bother-obviously not a Rover person. So basically, he is not going to get
much above, if any above, parts car $ for the little "bucket-o-bolts" So,
if you bid and can't go see the car before you do, you are on your own.
Looks like a project for a truly devoted Rovernetter.

As far as the "fees" go, it appears he's trying to get a little bonus as he
knows it's gonna go cheap. The way it's listed is a bit sneaky.

Cheers,
Fritz Rauschenberg