[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Painting Pointers

Brooks restore at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Jan 18 16:14:02 GMT 2006

"I think Rover were trying to
take the attention away from all the ugly extra lights " ...LOL  ..Drew..
They wern't ugly !! :) I suppose it's just a matter of what you are used to.
 In regards to the reason for the NADA P6B scoops ...if I recall correctly
they were added mainly because this model was intended to attract the
American buyers and they were still in love with chrome and power...the
scoops denoted the later. It certainly did help lower the engine temp and
from what I hear that is something that concerns P6B owners with the non
vented hoods more than those of us with the scoops (lovely ones...I might
note as well :)  ). Combined with the duel brake fluid system I think it had
certain benefits that were not purely cosmetic.