[ROVERNET - UK] electric dipper switches

Gundry, Kenneth KG at dolby.com
Wed Jan 11 17:28:47 GMT 2006

Alan,

No, because my 1925 Rover 16/50 has pneumatic dipping, that doesn't
work, partly because I cannot get suitable leather cup washers but
mainly, I suspect, because it was probably never reliable.  I tried
building some solenoids that would fit inside the slave cylinders, but
although they worked on the kitchen table they weren't strong enough
when installed.  Incidentally I addressed the thermal problem by
discharging a large capacitor into the coils.  So if there are suitable
momentary solenoids designed for this purpose, I am very interested.
You imply that one model of Rover at least used such things.  Which, and
where might I get some?

Regards,

Ken G, 1925 Rover 16/50 (San Francisco)