[ROVERNET - UK] Clutch Slave cylinder stuff

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:00:07 GMT 2006

First off,

Happy New Year to everyone!

Secondly: help!

I have a ''68 2000 TC and I'm having trouble changing gear. What's happening
is the clutch isn't fully disengaged at the end of the pedal travel. The
previous owner had had a garage rebuild the hydrolics on both the clutch and
brakes(I'll ask about that in the future.:-).) and I'm fortunenate enough to
have the invioce for the work carried out with the slave cylinder used for
replacement.

So I think there are three points I'm dealing with.

1] The cylinder they used is for a MG midget 7/8" which I have to admit
looks pretty similar, is this usable?

2] The external release lever is at about 10-12 degrees off the vertical
instead of the 5 degrees spec'ed in the manual. My guess is because the
pushrod to the cylinder piston is at the maximum adjustment on the threaded
end by the yoke. Will this stop full travel of the release lever?

3] Assuming that the Midget cylinder should work fine, have I missed
something with bleeding the system?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Many thanks,

Steven Dibdin.