[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Rims

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 17:09:36 GMT 2006

Peter,
I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your SD1 rims.  I
noticed that you posted them on the "Rovernet" website
instead of the "Rover_net" website (see bottom of each
Rovernet message).

The "Rovernet" site's last messages were in 2000.  It
was set up by someone unknown to me and acted as a
relay of email messages posted.  When I stumbled upon
the site, I wrote to Yahoo asking permission to
activate the site in the same way as the "Rover_net"
site now functions.  They didn't answer.

I set up the "Rover_net" site as a back-up in case our
regular email mailing list gets turned off again.  It
also functions as a place to post pictures.

If anybody can shake up Yahoo to be co-operative, I'd
be happy to work on that site.

Eric

--- Peter Mitchell <peterm at arach.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Rovernetters
>
> With the recent discussion of SD1 rims, I've posted
> some photos to the
> Rovernet web site. They show some rims that had sat
> in a field for years.
> Once I had them they were bead blasted to shiny
> aluminium - I do not have
> photos of that stage - but they did look very smart
> in raw metal.
>
> I then had the rims powder coated in a grey with a
> metallic fleck, and I am
> quite happy with the effect. There is a photo of the
> painted rims off the
> car, and two shots of the rims mounted on the
> vehicle.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Mitchell
> Perth Western Australia