[ROVERNET - UK] Acid dipped

steve bridge slbridge at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:28:47 GMT 2006

Smokey's speed tricks (and carbon-fibre FF motors) always inspired me...  He
cheated, he inovated, he was the lawyer of the fab shop interpreting rules
with wild creativity. He also made a roll cage into a fuel tank. Now that
takes guts, though a guy would have to be distracted about it while going
180 mph. Those were the days when racing, NASCAR,  drag, and all were
exciting. Concept cars like the Taladega and Daytona, 3 duece mopars and
cross-ram Chevys. Now I tape NASCAR, watch in fast forward, and when I see
smoke, I slow it down. The guys racing with their travel trailers in tow are
more fun to watch. I look forward to "Pinks" this month.