[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Cast Aluminum Wheels

sspmilr at netzero.net sspmilr at netzero.net
Wed Feb 8 22:39:31 GMT 2006

Hi Roverists:

Please advise me on how to clean these wheels?  We have wheels in
various condition.  Some appear to be painted.  Paint remover?  Sand
blasting?  Bead blasting?  We have one wheel thats almost new.  It's
silver, and appears to have a clear coating.

We did some research on the origin of the wheels.  They were made by
a company in southern California for Rover.  The company is no longer
in business.

Is it best to pressure wash them, then paint them, or powder coat them?
What paint does the best job, and lasts?

Should I need another SD1 wheel, who has one for sale close to me?
Canada may be out of wheels.  The price?

Peter Miller
Arlington, Wa.
USA