[ROVERNET - UK] OT - duplicated messages

Peter Mitchell peterm at arach.net.au
Wed Feb 8 14:44:39 GMT 2006

Thanks Eric and listers for your earlier input on posting difficulties.

With regard to my recent duplicated emails, I did a Google search. Most
entries were those of people selling software programs to fix the problem.

Further on in my search though,I found a reference to an article on the
subject by Pamela Y. C. Fong of the California Institute of Technology,
'Outlook XP Downloads Duplicate POP3 Messages'. Pamela suggests increasing
the server timeout to 10 minutes.

I've implemented that and all seems fine now.

As I have noted others to have this problem from time to time, I hope that
this may be of help.

Kind regards

Peter Mitchell
Perth [WA-that's Western Australia down here]
P6B