[ROVERNET - UK] Engine head question?

David Sheuring rovertcv8 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 03:28:02 GMT 2006

Good Evening Kent,
Thanks for the best news...and I found and printed the
email on the heads. The inside of the motor is in
beautiful shape. No gumming at all. The car has only
56,000 miles and looks it. I was amazed to find some
cross hatch still in the cylinder bores. I have
already checked to block surface with a true flat
steel and find no high/low spots. How ever, post head
gaskets had been put on wrong side up. I engine man
noticed that right away, so I am cleaning motor and am
also putting on a new oil pump and a p/u unit. Am
replacing the rear seal as well so its very good.
Thanks so mch for your help...its funny, I owned a P5B
back in 84 that I brought back to America and it had
the same V8. I do remember the mechanics over in
Scotland telling me how different motor it was and
that you had to be careful with it cause of it being
aluminum.
Well, I must tell you that the Corsica Blue 70TC is up
and running great, again, thats to Ruth from ABC.
Oh...how I have missed driving a 4 speed Rover 2000.
Now THATS a great Christmas gift to me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your
family.

Cheers
From
Lillington, NC
David

PS: Thanks for the Rover heads...I will pay for the
freight at least.....and maybe send you a good bootle
of single malt Scotch