[ROVERNET - UK] Front Struts

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Tue Dec 26 05:06:07 GMT 2006

Kent Kinard wrote:
> Maybe the bearing changed without changing the part number, but that
> seems rather strange.  The top mount (swivel) really has nothing to do
> with the strut tube as it mounts to the insert.  I guess I'm going
> nuts in my old age.  That's why it takes a village to raise a child.
My vague recollection of Series 1 struts being different from Series 2
struts came from a first-hand conversation that I had with Ruth Burgess
of ABC.  It seems to me that she was having to have something made up at
a local machine shop to allow Series 1 cars to accept Series 2 strut
inserts. It may have had something to do with the diameter or thread of
some stud, but I can't recall any more than that. I can't imagine that I
could possibly be as old as Kent (who went to high school with
Methuselah), but I am experiencing some of the same symptoms.

;-)

Glen