[ROVERNET - UK] P6B BW35 trans leak

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at san.rr.com
Mon Dec 4 04:11:59 GMT 2006

Paul=20

The tranny can be removed for service without pulling the engine, but if =
you
can find a way to get both out together, you'll find it's ever so much
easier getting the two back together with the engine out. Lining up the
various bits while lying on your back holding a heavy piece of machinery
will probably give rise to some less cultured forms of self-expression.=20

Now, my own experience in talking a shortcut with a BW35 wasn't a happy =
one
-the leaking seals were apparently symptoms of other things going on in =
the
internals. I would at least take the trouble to inspect the internals
thoroughly before deciding what needs to be replaced

Aidrian

=20

=20

--=20