[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Restoration Recommendations, and some important questions.

sspmilr at netzero.net sspmilr at netzero.net
Wed Aug 30 05:33:29 BST 2006

Hi Paul:

The sill plates are the the stainless steel plates that one views when
opening the doors to enter or exit.  Part No. 364625.  Place body wax
under them prior to intalling them.

Just in case your also addressing the Rocker Panels.  Part No's. 361522
and 361523.  Remove them,clean up any rust then apply any rust
preventer.  I had no rust.  I applied rubberized undercoating which was
in a spray can.

The rear decker panel has metal plates (Part No. 367826) that retain
the rear window rubber seal.  Have these galvinized.

The door seals are the seals that keep out the elements from the
interior of the car.  Drivers door (LHD) Part No. 364072.

Hope this answers all of your questions!

Sincerely,

Peter Miller