[ROVERNET - UK] Get your car in a Rover commercial - China connection

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 00:45:05 BST 2006

Hi, there.
Some of us out here have been contacted by a film
commercial producer looking for a Rover car to use in
a commercial about Rover cars and required by a
Chinese customer.

The information I received in a telephone conversation
was:
"The film producer is based in Montreal and is looking
for a Rover up to about 1970 for a commercial.  If he
can find a Rover, he will get the job.  It will be a
Rover commercial for an outfit in China (sounded
interesting).

He provides a fee, expenses, and an assurance that the
car will be carefully treated and not damaged.  He is
fully insured he says.

It sounded like he was ready to ship a car and me from
Vancouver, but I thought something might be closer.

If you think you'd be interested in helping, let me
know so I can tell him.  I said that I would let him
know one way or the other.

This is a rush job otherwise he'll lose the contract
and the game is over."

However, our Prez, Malcolm gathered from his separate
conversation and email with a British car club out
here:
"To be shot in Toronto, Ontario, Canada"

"He will pay the owner of the car:

$800 per day  (he needs the car for 3 days)

Hotel expenses

Airfare   (both for the car and the owner)

Anyway, if you might be interested:
1.  You can see ther website at:
http://www.creatifpool.com/english/poolangl.html

2. You can contact:
Eric Coetzer at info at creatifpool.com

He is looking for a Rover – anywhere between 1910 and
1970 to be used in an ad for Rover Cars for China.

Eric

Webmaster:
The Rover Car Club of Canada -  www.roverclub.ca