[ROVERNET - UK] Gas tank seal leak

George Phelps p6_rover at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 02:33:10 BST 2006

Here's the thing.  I cleaned out my gas tank and
finally got the seal that goes in the bottom where the
sender/outlet pipes come out.  I put it all back
together, reconnected the fuel pump and all the
fixings, put in three gallons, pump going and voila,
no leaks.  Very pleased I went about other work on the
car.  Two days later, just sitting there, gas starts
dribbling out from around the seal.  Any thoughts on
this time delay thing?  Thanks.

George "Should I take up smoking?" Phelps