[ROVERNET - UK] Bonnet repair

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Sun Aug 27 01:36:21 BST 2006

There is another way to pull the dent instead of drilling holes. The tool to
use is a stud welder. This welds small nail looking things to the area to be
pulled. A special slide hammer is then used to pull the dent. After this is
done a small grinder knocks off the stud. No hole to fill. Stud welders are
available from Harbor Freight for around $120 normally. You can find them on
e-bay from harbor freight also. If you select a body shop, I would ask if
they have such a tool. These are great for inaccessible areas.
Minimal heat is applied, so no warping.

Slats