[ROVERNET - UK] Rover brand name sold

David Walker concinnity at woosh.co.nz
Thu Aug 17 16:06:02 BST 2006

Yes,they did make Cortinas ,the Mk4,which model was replaced by the first
Stellar,RWD,with styling by Guigiaro's Ital Design(looking very like the
then Maserati Quattroporte).This model was replaced by a new FWD
Stellar,which has now evolved into todays Sonata.Having driven both the
current Sonata and the (current/last?) Rover 75 I consider the Rover to be
the better car with a much higher quality interior,nicer steering and a
better ride while still offering  better handling.If the Chinese can make
the car to the same(BMW quality)standard they will sell well.    ;-)
David.