[ROVERNET - UK] Apple Hydraulics

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at san.rr.com
Wed Aug 16 01:37:07 BST 2006

Dermot=20

I'm not disputing your opinion but would you be able to let us know a =
little
bit more? If you think the matter is so very sensitive, please feel free =
do it off list.

The reason for asking is that I need calipers and cylinder sleeved. I =
know a
couple of people who have had Triumph brakes done by them and they =
seemed
very happy, but I would like to know if the company has issues before I =
part
with more of my hard earned cash.

No disrespect intended to someone who knows his stuff and I understand =
the
need to protect others, but sometimes getting stuff out in the open is a =
lot
better for the company concerned and their customers than relying on a
second hand vaguely stated opinion of some friends of someone on the =
mailing
list.=20

If there's a specific issue then that can either be addressed by the =
firm or
their supporters; on the other hand, if it's a matter of ongoing shoddy
workmanship losing orders or substandard parts that really should be
identified as such.=20

Simply put saying "I paid them $200 to do a job and the sleeves were the
wrong size and fell out after 50 miles" is very specific - vague =
intimations
that not all is well don't really help either the seller or their =
potential
customers about what might go wrong =20

Thanks

Aidrian