[ROVERNET - UK] Cannisters redux

Lance La Certe lacpsyd at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 8 05:31:02 BST 2006

Wanted to ask the Rovernetters again if anyone can provide some feedback
about the charcoal cannisters on my 3500S.  When removed from the car for a
paint touch up, they began pouring out charcoal granules.  Because they're
sealed, it doesn't appear that they can be repaired.  Is there some sort of
metal mesh hold the granules which has rotted over the years?   Can I just
drain them and reinstall (want to keep them for the original look of the
engine bay) without affecting performance of the car?  Does anyone have a
spare set they'd be willing to sell.

Would really appreciate some feedback about this.

Thanks ins advance

Lance La Certe,  '70 "Federal" P6B
lacpsyd at earthlink.net