[ROVERNET - UK] Wheels

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at san.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 05:43:57 BST 2006

>>I have a TC brochure, using much of the same photography, quotes and=20
text as the brochure on the Hemmings site but with these exceptions:
<snip>
The Magnum 500 wheel photo is identified as a "Magtype road wheel"=20
and the text specification states that "Ro-style" drawn steel with=20
chrome plated spoke sections and rim are optional, unlike the=20
Hemmings brochure, which mentions both the Magnum and the Magstar by=20
name.<<

According to James Taylor the Magstars were discontinued as an option =
for
the 2000 for the 1968 model year when the car was "federalised" - the =
Magnum
remained an option after that. So if he's right - and I would suggest =
he's
more likely to be right than anyone else - your brochure is most likely =
one
for 1968 or later cars.=20

So if the Magstars were discontinued as a factory option before the P6B
arrived these were never original Rover options for the V8 cars, though =
suppose some dealers may have added them. Certainly my 3500S owner's
handbook doesn't list any wheels in the options section, which suggest
Rostyles weren't an official Rover option for the V8 either.=20

Aidrian=20

--=20
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.<br />It =
has
removed 243 spam emails to date.<br />Paying users do not have this =
message
in their emails.<br />Get the free SPAMfighter here:
http://www.spamfighter.com/len<br />

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
7/28/2006