[ROVERNET - UK] Junk on Rovernet?

Glen Wilson glenwilson at cavtel.net
Tue Apr 25 19:56:28 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 14:37 -0500, Stephen JC Beer wrote:
> I miss Graeme Tutt's ramblings.
> When he misbehaved he got yelled at.
> That "Great North Road" stuff was quite inspired.
> It's all good.

Being old and feeble-minded, I don't remember that much about Graeme
other than that I liked him personally in mail we exchanged, but that
his postings drove me up the wall. I don't really remember why, but seem
to recall there being a certain "talking down to the lower caste" flavor
to most of his stuff. I don't think that was the real issue, though. If
you remember, someone actually hacked into the Rovernet sending in what
amounted to spam and causing the list to be shut down completely, at one
point. I think Graeme's removal had more to do with his active support
of those two guys and his abusive postings directed at the people who
volunteer to do the work of providing such a wonderful free service.

Speaking as an RSTCA guy, one needs to remember that were sitting around
talking in the RCCC's living room, and one needs to remember one's
manners. The two or three shown the door really forgot theirs.

Glen