[ROVERNET - UK] A 1967 2000TC that I'm looking at...

Glen Wilson glenwilson at cavtel.net
Thu Apr 20 18:07:26 BST 2006

I've posted some pictures of a 1967 2000TC that I'm thinking about
buying. Someone just got out of their car and told me about this one
while I was towing a 3500S. It has 40,000 "original" miles on the
odometer, but it doesn't look like a 40k car based on the front carpets,
if nothing else. The seller has a slightly inflated idea of what it is
worth, but we're working on that. If I don't buy it in a week or two, I
will let you all know where it is.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/rovercar/bluetcalbum/bluetcalbum.html

Currently, it is not running, and there's no way to evaluate the
hydraulics as it sits. There is a problem with the shifter which is
reportedly a bad ball at the bottom of the shift lever. There is an
aftermarket radio. Chrome is not too bad. Only body rust I see is one
tiny bubble near the top of one rear wheel lip where some mud is
trapped. Trunk floor has some surface rust. Didn't look under carpets in
front, but that's probably all right. Checked under rear seats where
suspension attaches to base unit and it's clean. Air cleaner is missing
in photos, but it is present. Looks like an SD1 emblem on grille. Three
of four seating positions look not too bad, though discolored. Small
rips on top of back seat. Driver's seat is split. Car has been resprayed
in a not-so-bad manner, but car needs to be repainted. Some surface rust
on bottoms of rear door painted over. Right front fender color doesn't
match door color in pics, but it was not apparent in person. (?) Rubber
on side windows bad.

Pictures are fairly large files to show detail, but they don't fit into
the album borders because I wanted to show full detail. You have to pan
around a bit to see everything, but AlbumGV makes a nice simple album in
about five minutes.

Glen