[ROVERNET - UK] Over heating?

Anthony LaVigna alavigna at verizon.net
Thu Apr 20 02:06:30 BST 2006

I am trying to figure out the cause of a high temperature reading on a 1968
Rover 2000TC. A friend of mine just purchased a 1968 Rover 2000 TC. Before
he got a chance to drive the car, he discovered that the water pump was
leaking and had to be replaced. After replacing the water pump, the car's
temperature gauge reads in the middle of the red. He removed the thermostat
and it still was in the red. Thinking that it was a bad temperature sender,
he measured the temperature with an infrared thermometer and it read 93C,
which seems to be a number in the middle of the red. We are wondering what
is going on.

Does anyone know the expected operating temperature for the car? If the car
is running hot, does anyone have any advice on the next steps? Are these
cars prone to radiator problems?

Thanks,

Tony