[ROVERNET - UK] SPAM on Rovernet?

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Tue Apr 18 04:37:34 BST 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:58:32 -0400, Glen wrote:

>No reason to suspect the spam is coming from Rovernet other than that it
>is the only mailing list to which I am currently subscribed. Someone,
>someplace must have picked up my email address.
>
>All of these spam messages are similar in content, but seem to originate
>from various addresses. Must be somebody's phished list, I guess.

Not necessarily Glen. If you do a Google for your email address you
will see it is there for all to see.

Spammers get their emails from many different sources. One is thru
tralling the net for any @ email address, yours is clearly visible.
Another is to run a small PC programme to generate a multitude of
"possible" addresses for, in your case @cavtel.net

glenwilson is not exactly hard to come up with.

Cheers,

Peter H