[ROVERNET - UK] 1953 Rover P4 starter motor

Ben Rodgers irishrover at netscape.ca
Sat Sep 24 19:38:43 BST 2005

Hi Dirk
          I have a good starer motor here from a 1953 P4, it is a Lucas
M.418G. That number appears common to several models. However if memory
serves, the older P4's 1949-53 had a different housing, the starter unit
fits into the clutch housing and is held in place by one side locking bolt,
not the usual two or three bolts with nuts that go thru the clutch housing.
If this is what you need let me know and I will make sure its still working
etc. It was good when removed but that was a few years ago. I note its quite
heavy so might be a bit costly to mail?? Will wait to hear from you.
                                   regards  Ben

Frederick(Ben) Rodgers
born in Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Author of "lily and me" a great book and a great read .
Order on line at amazon.com. Book # ISBN1-55430-019-3