[ROVERNET - UK] Fuels and cars

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 19 02:54:30 BST 2005

Gavin.I have the correct Holley on my SD1, which was originally fuel
injection, but it needs needs to be rebuilt. It has been running rich and
has clogged the right side catalytic converter; also the heat appears to
have affected the starter, which is going bad. I was planning to have the
Holley rebuilt, by a local shop who is good on Holley, I need to deal with
the downpipes.We no longer have emission testing in Florida. I assume there
must be a European set of downpipes available that bolt in place of the
converters- Perhaps I should contact Pierre or Rimmer Brothers? what do you
advise. Also, I have an inlet manifold with a pair of HIF6, I believe from
an English landrover 3.5 that appear to have been rebuilt. It sounds like
you have run both. What do you prefer? I am becoming more fuel cost
conscious, as well., so could consider the SU's. Do they clear the bonnet
with air cleaners attached? thank  you, James Dean, Ft.Lauderdale.