[ROVERNET - UK] Portland Oregon All British Field Meet P.S.

Brian & Lori Nordlund ble.nordlund at verizon.net
Fri Sep 16 05:10:14 BST 2005

Eric & All-
The gentleman with the SD1 did spend some time talking to me about his
various projects.  One of them even included a completed race car,
apparently with a frame made entirely of wood.  He said it weighed around
1300 pounds and had a Buick V8 if I remember right.

He had purchased the SD1 disassembled, and had worked quite a while to get
it rebuilt.  He said  this car had been brought stateside by a previous
owner and was originally a British car.  He also said that he had been told
that leather interiors were not imported into the US, but this had an
original leather interior.  The interior was in very fine shape and was in a
medium gray color.  The paint appeared to be a little orange pealed, but it
was a very interesting metal flake.

The guy who was racing the TC2000 was from the Seattle area and apparently
attends a fair number of the SOVREN races:  http://www.sovren.org/  I don't
know if there are any more races this year, but I might try to make the next
one in Portland at least.

Thanks,
Brian Nordlund.